The Deontics process from
Clinical validation right
through to treatment and
Deontics system offers unique features that can optimise the Elective recovery. It can validate and prioritise waiting lists automatically based on best practice guidelines and evidence.
It utilises powerful pathway design and optimisation tools powered by our AI/simulation engine and driven by data and evidence. The same AI engine delivers those pathways in the form of a 3rd generation CDS and prospective pathway management system.
Quality Wheel for Elective Recovery
• Create a clinical validation pathway with the Speciality clinical
leads using our applications.
• Take the waiting list data per speciality and use our AI
analytics and clinical decision engine in autonomous mode
to clinically validate all patients.
• Our decision engine will follow the clinical pathway on all
patient data, including evidence-based guidelines, local
protocols and provide the patient pathway status – i.e.,
treatment recommendation based on the clinical pathway,
patients’ individual data and local and national guidance
including risk stratification of patients.
• The decision process is fully auditable and full decision
making is recorded including the reasoning.
• A log of all clinical validations by patient and decision can be
provided to a clinician for final sign off, if required.
• Design the optimum patient pathway to clear and maintain
your waiting lists, in the most efficient and clinically safest way
based on the patient data.
• Proposed pathways are designed in our application. Every
step of the pathway is created including all tasks and scoped
to include, cost, clinical outcomes, time to treatment and
• Simulate the pathway using the patient data set, our engine
can run large numbers of permutations of the pathways
over the waiting list data and classify the performance of the
pathway doing before-after comparisons.
• Gives areas of optimisations throughout the pathway,
demonstrating, time, clinical outcomes, cost, and resource
• Analyse the chosen pathways against the waiting list data to
identify gaps and modifications and optimisation to support
waiting list clearance, maintain clinical quality, costs, and
• Gives the ability to redesign care pathways using patient data,
introduce and test new innovations on the patient dataset
using the latest clinical guidance and evidence, full data
driven decision making.
• Deontics have an advanced 3rd generation clinical decision
support that can be used on the front line to support care
• There are various use cases where this can be deployed, from
triage right through to treatment, in particular supporting
task shifting, example junior members of staff can step up and
run clinics supported by our application using evidence-based
guidance, local protocols based on the patients’ individual
• High throughput areas – outpatients decision support
including diagnostics, treatment decisions, pre-op, post-op,
discharge and follow up.