Senior Java Developer / Engineer
Deontics is a deep tech company spun out from University of Oxford, UCL and Cancer Research UK that is solving some of the most complex healthcare challenges to date.
Our AI clinical decision engine powers the end-to-end life-cycle of personalised healthcare and precision medicine.
Our vision is to be the most clinically recommended clinical decision engine, touching the lives of 100 million people within 5 years.
The Opportunity – Applicants will need to be based in the UK
We are looking for a senior software developer/engineer to join our technical team in a leading role. This is an exciting time as we look to grow the team to help deliver our product roadmap which includes developing novel green field solutions that will transform Lipid Management and MDT delivery.
You will join a fast paced agile team and will be required to provide input at all stages of the SDLC including the chance to work with some of the latest technologies such as cloud and microservices.
This is a hands-on role which in the future could grow as the company does into a technical lead role. You will be expected to develop software using best practices and pass those practices on to and mentor the rest of the team. You will need to have a deep technical knowledge and relish working and supporting the team to make the right choices and develop great software.
Your responsibilities will include.
• Designing, implementing, and maintaining the Java-based DEON CDS engine; in a secure, clinically safe, well-tested, timely, scalable and performant way.
• Lead technical discussions within the team and be the go-to person for the team for guidance and troubleshooting and technical problem solving
• Drive use of industry best practices and principles including Dev(Sec)Ops, CI/CD, TDD, BDD to enhance efficiency, quality,security and speed of delivery
• Collaborate with the wider business (clinical, content, sales) and customers to deliver an exceptional product and user experience.
• Develop a product that meets Software as a Medical Device (SaaMD) quality, security, regulatory and performance standards.
• Set, maintain, advocate and deploy internal standards for code style, maintainability, and best practices to support a highly-scalable environment to ensure delivery of high quality code consistent with the solution architecture
Essential technical skills/experience:
• Broad experience with modern web/cloud native technologies, frameworks and platforms including
• Modern, generic Java (extensive and not limited to specific frameworks)
• Server side Java (Servlet technology, containers, etc)
• Development with databases (RDBMS and Document based)
• Confident linux and scripting
• Excellent understanding of networking
• Amazon Web Services and experience with configuration/infrastructure as source
• Proven track record in developing and delivering high quality software
• Able to coach other team members with regards to software development and problem solving issues
• Delivering software in a CI/CD environments ideally using Jenkins, BitBucket or similar technologies
• Knowledge of TDD and related test frameworks
• Using Version Control Software, such as Git, and similar products
• Comfortable in a dynamic agile environment with ability to adapt to various technologies and situations
• Understanding of Multi-threading, caching, and memory management
• Applying software design principles, design patterns, SOLID principles, etc.
Desirable (nice to have) experience:
• Experience of delivering SaaS solutions
• Experience of healthcare domains
• Understanding of Security and privacy compliance (GDPR, ISO 27001, DSP Toolkit)
• Experience of developing a SaaMD product
• Experience of integrating with other healthcare systems ideally using FHIR
• Applicants will need to have the Right To Work in the UK.
• We are a 100% remote company.
• Including 25 days holidays
Applicants will need to have the Right To Work in the UK.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
Individuals seeking employment at Deontics are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation.